According to the Times newspaper, Prince Charles has received a million pounds from Osama bin Laden’s family.
These “aids” were paid to the prince Charles charity in 2013, two years after the United States killed Osama bin Laden.
According to the Times, Prince Charles has received a million pounds from Osama bin Laden’s family. Despite his advisors’ protests, the Prince of Wales took money for his charity from bin Laden’s half-brothers. These “aids” were paid to the prince Charles foundation in 2013, two years after the United States slew Osama bin Laden. Several advisors encouraged him to return the money. One of his staff members said that if the story were leaked to the media, it would spark “national indignation,” which would be detrimental to everyone. Another member of Charles’ legal team encouraged him to return the money since his image would suffer if he were named as one of the terrorists responsible for the 9/11 attacks, which killed 67 Britons and thousands of Americans.
Prince Charles has received a million pounds from Osama bin Laden’s family
According to the Times, Prince Charles received a million pounds from Osama bin Laden’s family relative in 2013. He accepted a $1.21 million payment from the bin Laden family for charity.
The money allegedly came from Bakr and Shafiq bin Laden, half-brothers of Osama bin Laden, the famed head of the terrorist organization al-Qaeda and architect of the 9/11 attacks. They were shot and killed by US special forces in 2011.
Bakr and the Prince of Wales settled on the gift at a private meeting on October 30, 2013, in London.
According to sources, Prince Charles consented to the payment despite the vehement protestations of some of his advisers, who warned him of the potential repercussions of receiving money from persons linked to the person accused of orchestrating the September 11 attacks.
The cash was deposited with the Prince of Wales Charitable Foundation, according to the journal (PWCF).
There is no evidence that Bakr and Shafiq bin Laden were involved in or funded terrorism. In 1994, Osama bin Laden’s family abandoned him.
Despite this, the group has denied any involvement in the purchase by Prince Charles.
The investigation is ongoing
Prince of Wales Charitable Fund (PWCF) informed Clarence House after a “thorough due study,” enabling the trustees to determine whether or not to accept the funds.
“At the time, PWCF Trustees carefully reviewed the contribution from Sheik Bakr bin Laden.” Due diligence was carried out, with information obtained from various sources, including the government. The Trustees made the final decision to accept the bequest. “Any effort to indicate otherwise is incorrect and false,” said PWCF chair Sir Ian Cheshire in a statement.
According to the story, a person familiar with the matter denied any wrongdoing by Prince Charles himself, stating the trustees approved the bequest after reasoning that the acts of one member of the bin Laden family should not tarnish the whole family.
Clarence House, Prince Charles’ London home, said that the royal charity had received the payment from the bin Laden family but denied any suggestions that the British royal had negotiated the agreement or was directly engaged.
“The Prince of Wales’s Charitable Fund has told us that this contribution was accepted after full due investigation.” The decision to accept was made solely by the charity’s Trustees, and any effort to depict it differently is wrong,” Clarence House said.
The article adds to concerns about a “cash-for-access mentality” around Prince Charles.
The Sunday Times claimed last month that Prince Charles got $3.2 million in cash from Qatar’s former prime minister, Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim al-Thani.
However, according to the Guardian, UK authorities said last week that they would take no further action in response to the claims.
No proof exists that Bin Laden’s half-brothers were involved in his activities
According to the BBC, any attempt to describe it in any other manner is untrue.
Clarence House expressed dissatisfaction with a few journalistic remarks.
No proof exists that Bin Laden’s half-brothers were involved in his activities; his family abandoned him in 1994.
The appraisal of Charles’ charitable contributions was missing.
“It would not happen again,” Charles said of his money bag.
Prince Charles received the monies during a visit to Clarence House with Bakr Bin Laden, the head of a wealthy Saudi family, and his brother Shafiq.
The PWCF and Clarence House specialists were concerned that the heir might take the money to the throne.
According to Sir Ian Cheshire, chairman of the PWCF, the gift from 2013 was “rigorously investigated” at the time by the five trustees.
Sir Ian said that due diligence was conducted using data from several sources, including the government.
“The trustees have the ultimate word on whether to accept or reject the donation. Any attempt to claim otherwise is untrue and misleading.”
The PWCF offers to fund nonprofit organizations registered in the United Kingdom for projects in the United Kingdom, the Commonwealth, and abroad.
Several advisors encouraged him to return the funds
Prince Charles and Bakr allegedly negotiated the payment, now 76, during a covert meeting on October 30, 2013, at the prince’s London residence, Clarence House, two years after US Special Forces killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan.
According to the newspaper, the Prince of Wales’s Charitable Fund and Clarence House both opposed the payment, but the heir to the British throne eventually accepted it.
One of his housekeepers predicted considerable outrage if the news became public. According to sources, they advised the prince that accepting money from the family of the 9/11 terrorist who murdered thousands of Americans and 67 Britons “would not be beneficial for anybody.”
According to a source cited in the news item: “Why would a high-ranking member of the British establishment want to do business with a name and family that not only aroused red lights but also [instigated] worldwide terrorism? What is the purpose of that?”
Charles believed returning the money would be too embarrassing, and he was concerned that his siblings would discover why.
A domestic staff member said they were “quite loud” with the prince but “shouted down.” Another Charles assistant reportedly begged the prince to return the money, but he ignored her.
A charity source said the permission came about after bin Laden’s family sent the money to PWCF’s Coutts bank account, which Bank supposedly kept for further review. The source claims that this conforms to Charity Commission guidelines. They refused to say who or what they were.
There is no evidence that Bakr or Shafiq bin Laden supported or participated in terrorism. They are linked to Osama bin Laden via their father, Yemeni-born businessman Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden. He founded the bin Laden Group in Jeddah and rose to become the wealthiest non-royal Saudi. When Osama bin Laden died in an aircraft crash in 1967 at 59, he was ten years old.
The Honors (Prevention of Abuse) Act of 1925 was violated, according to the London Metropolitan Police Service.
“The conclusion was reached after reading a letter dated September 2021,” said the police department.
In response to media reports that a Saudi national was promised assistance in attaining honours and citizenship, “the Special Enquiry Team has launched the investigation process, which includes contacting individuals judged to have relevant knowledge,” according to the statement.
Officers met with the Prince’s Foundation to discuss the fundraising practices investigation’s results. The foundation produced vital documents.
Michael Fawcett, Prince Charles’ longstanding closest adviser, resigned as CEO of the Prince’s Foundation in late 2021 because of allegations that he attempted to help Prince’s Foundation patron Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz get a CBE and British citizenship.
According to the prince’s staff, he had “no understanding” that prizes were distributed “based on donations to his foundation.”
Osama bin Laden’s family submitted a million-pound donation to his charitable trust to Prince Charles, the heir to the British throne.
The report sheds further light on the 73-year-old prince’s nonprofit organizations, which rocked suspicions of criminal activity.
According to sources cited in the narrative, some of Charles’ aides convinced him not to accept the payment from the family patriarch Bakr bin Laden and his brother Shafiq, the half-brothers of terrorist leader Osama.
Despite trust advisers’ and his staff’s worries, Charles, 73, allegedly decided to contribute to the Prince of Wales Charitable Fund (PWCF) in 2013 when he met with Bakr, 76.
According to Ian Cheshire, president of the PWCF, the five trustees authorized the gift at the time.
After receiving information on a cash-for-honours scam involving a Saudi billionaire, British officials started investigating another of Charles’ charity organizations in February.
The executive director of The Prince’s Foundation resigned last year after an internal investigation into the claims.
Michael Fawcett, the charity’s CEO, originally stated his intention to quit when information about his meetings with a Saudi citizen became public.
The wealthy Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz had contributed significantly to Charles’ chosen repair endeavor’s.
Fawcett, a longstanding friend of Queen Elizabeth II‘s heir and former valet to the Prince of Wales, is accused of organizing efforts to award a royal honour and even British citizenship to Mahfouz.
According to the Charities Commission, which registers and oversees charities in England and Wales, an official inquiry into donations received by Mahfouz’s charitable trust intended for the prince’s foundation has been initiated. It was revealed in November.
The Prince’s Foundation, established in 1986, is registered with the Scottish Charity Regulator but is not subject to the Charities Commission’s jurisdiction.
The Scottish government launched its inquiry into allegations that the charity received funds from a Russian businessman convicted of money laundering in September.